Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Comparison shopping & clearance prices

I went to the store (I won’t mention which one) to try and find a ream of paper for less than $8-9 bucks, and the cashier at the jewelry counter asked if I wanted to open a line of credit with the store. I looked at her in bewilderment, commenting that I’m astonished that in this current economic climate of tightened lending, they’re even offering this. I took my $3.99 office paper and got out of there as fast as I could. Savings: $4 after hunting down affordable paper for my home office.

I also subsequently bought some small office supplies off of the clearance rack at the office supply store. I didn’t necessarily need them right now, but thought it’d be a good time to stock up. There was one item that rang up at its normal price until I brought the clearance sign with me to the register.